The Philippine Navy’s Disaster Response and Rescue Teams (DRRT) deployed in Northern Luzon had shifted from response and rescue operations to relief operations to bring basic needs to the local residents affected by typhoon “Juan”. Following are the updates from Naval Forces Northern Luzon as of 12nn, 21 October 2010:
- 40 families were rescued and evacuated from four (4) of 13 flooded barangays of Dagupan, Pangasinan to evacuation centers by Philippine Fleet DRRT and DSWD employees
- 136 people benefitted from the medical mission conducted in Malued Dagupan, and Bgy Binteng-Sapilag, Rosario, La Union
- The Naval Special Operations Group (NAVSOU), acting on a tip from two townsfolk, retrieved the dead body of a drowning victim, Jannel M Flores, 9yrs old of Bgy Salisay, Dagupan City
- In coordination with the local TV Station of GMA in Dagupan City, distributed 40 sacks containing 400 packs of assorted goods in Bgy Talebaew, Calasiao, Pangasinan;
- In coordination with DSWD, distributed 2,000 packs of relief goods to evacuation center in Pangasinan.